Archive

Nadine

Monday 7 September 2009

Back in the B...

... well, for another few hours anyway. I spent the last two-and-a-bit weeks here after having returned home (where I'll be settling again due to family reasons) gathering my stuff, saying goodbye to my friends, and generally easing this chapter of my life towards its end. It's been a hectic two weeks, trying to reduce my life here to 20 kilos of luggage, meeting all the important people, and getting in all the different foods for the last time. Over the last few days we've had Baozi, Jiaozi, Sichuan, Hotpot, and on Saturday me, my former colleagues and about 25 of my students had a gathering over a Korean barbecue (and lots of Soju...!)

This morning will be the last one spent in our lovely apartment as my flight back is this afternoon. I'm arriving into Frankfurt tonight and will be starting my new job there tomorrow (hectic!) At the end of the month the job and I will move down to Düsseldorf, near home, and the cycle will close. From teacher to recruiter, Asia to Europe and from Baozi back to Brötchen. Himself will follow me a week later, and once he's found his German job we'll be living the life over in the Dorf as if nothing ever happened. (Before we do that, though, he'll have to sort out the trouble with our landlord over our early departure and our 5000 RMB deposit... we're thinking of selling the flat's TV if he doesn't budge, any takers?!)

This will be my last post from this side of the world, though post-Chinese reminiscence will follow. Til then, bye bye Beijing!

Bis dann,

Nadine

No comments: