Archive

Nadine

Sunday 25 January 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Or, Gongxi Facai (恭喜发财)as they say here- wishing you prosperity for the coming year. I've only come back yesterday from a 12-day break back home in Germany, and I came back to these battlefield sounds of firecrackers being let off everywhere around the city, all day and night, and it won't stop for another two weeks after the Spring Festival (or 春节- the Chinese name for this most important holiday of the year.)

As you may know, 2009 will be the year of the Ox, who stands for fortune and prosperity through hard work. I'm amazed at how well this fits with the current global situation- in the year of the crisis we'll all have to roll up our sleeves won't we? So off you go- get workin'!

Myself, I'll make sure to fill you in on the events of the past days, but not until I've had a nice feed of Spring Festival dumplings.


Bis dann,

Nadine

Nadine





Happy Year of the Ox!

No comments: