Archive

Nadine

Saturday 13 September 2008

This weekend is Mid-Autumn Festival.

That means three days off and mooncakes for everyone. These devilish little delights are pastries with a lotus seed or red bean filling. Quite small, but very sweet and rather heavy. I had two yesterday and had to pretty much roll home. And I have another pack of them sitting here! Where shall this all end. Oh well.

Anyway, for me it's not just a long weekend, but I won't return to work until the 24th (I think). My parents are coming on Monday morning and will be staying in Beijing for a week. Hence I've spent this entire day off dusting, scrubbing and mopping until I couldn't move. I haven't seen them since the 27th of December and am missing them terribly, so I cannot wait. For the same reason I'm also a tad (read: extremely) nervous- so much has changed about me and about my life, how will they react? What's my mum going to say about those little water stains on the wall? And how are they going to deal with the noise? The traffic? The squatter loos? It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.

And when I'm back at work I'll only be there for a few days- the one-week National Day holiday begins on the 29th, and Himself and me will be off to Hong Kong. Oh, and my birthday is going to happen at some point, too.

Wouldn't you hate to be me. Hehe.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Nadine



Why, just why are you so tasty?!

No comments: