Archive

Nadine

Wednesday 24 September 2008

All alone again.

I saw my parents off yesterday. After eight days of exciting trips, lots of shopping (and haggling!) and mountains of gorgeous food, I'm homesick as ever. Though I got a very warm welcome back at work today, having this great time with my parents, whom I've been longing for for months now, has only made me miss them even more. Ah well. Guess I'm never quite satisfied.

We went to a number of fascinating places, including the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and the Great Wall, where I took heaps of photos (though not as many as my dad, who managed to fill several GB of disk space.)

I will write more over the next few days- for now here's a few impressions:

The Great Wall, 18 September
The Summer Palace on the 19th and...
... Beihai Park on the 20th.

Enjoy!

Nadine

No comments: