Archive

Nadine

Friday 17 October 2008

I think I'll have to request a few weeks' hibernation leave.

Lately I've been tired morning, day and nite, and I don't just mean a little tired but proper exhausted. I sleep for Germany but still don't seem to run out of energy by lunchtime every day.

Must be to do with the change in weather. Ever since I saw my parents off in late September the temperature has been constantly dropping, a steady wind has been blowing, and the air has been fresh and crisp. I remember the day they boarded the plane back to Germany was not only miserable but also the first time I had to wear a jacket since... April, probably. At least.

As if that weren't depressing enough, this week has seen a rather unusual rise in temperature back to over 20 degrees around lunchtime. It's almost been Ssptember weather again, and it feels like summer's come back just to tease us for a bit only to then disappear when we least expect it and be replaced by the freezing Beijing winter.

This weather inconsistency could be the cause of my recent fatigue- in Germany half the workforce would probably take this as a reason to call in sick for a week!

Anyway, on my day off this week I went to Haidian Park for a little stroll, and while it's not Beihai or anything, it does have a little lake and lots of trees which were glowing in lovely autumn shades, making the place a lovely, peaceful hideout from the hectics of the city. (I'll upload some photos later.)

So please bear with me if I'm taking my time updating this- I'm just too wrecked to write.

Bis dann,

Nadine






Haidian Park



This is one of the moments when it really reminded me of Munich's English Gardens!

I sat down on a big rock by that lake and just relaxed- nice!

No comments: